Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review: Earth Blend


Title: Earth Blend (book 2 of the Blend Trilogy)
Author: Lori Pescatore
Publisher: Createspace/self-published
My Rating: 4 TURTLES: A great read, I definitely recommend.
Author’s Facebook Page

Description:
Earth Blend is the second book in the Blend trilogy and the sequel to Human Blend. In this installment, the mysteries of the Blends and Earthlings are revealed. How can Julie live a normal life when she is anything but normal? Her relationship with Austin is complicated by emerging abilities in them both. Trust is hard to come by as lies and secrets hinder them at every turn. Is the past destined to repeat itself as the Earthlings once again rush to save them? Ensuing chaos breeds fatal consequences.

Review:

Earth Blend was a great sequel to Human Blend, the plot twists and action kept the pages turning! I really liked seeing more of the Earthlings in this book and learning about them and who they are. Lori Pescatore does a great job conveying the characters emotions, and all of them had depth and personality, even if they did not play a big role.

The first few chapters are a series of different stories that follow various characters and an important backstory of theirs. While I did understand some things better in the story and after learning these backstories, they seemed a little bit jerky to me.

Overall, Earth Blend is an exciting sequel, and if you liked Human Blend you should definitely get your hands on a copy of this book. I would not recommend reading these books out of order it would be very hard to follow if not read chronologically. I am anxiously anticipating the final book in the Blend Trilogy. This is a fun and exciting series for fans of YA Fantasy and Science Fiction and I recommend you check it out!

Buy Earth Blend on Amazon

Read my review of Human Blend

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Blend Series but it sounds very interesting! Thanks for posting! I followed you through GFC from feature and follow, hoping you could return the favor! :)

    yanation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!